Over the weekend, I came across a really good post entitled “SEO Checklist 2017”
Source: reddit r/ marketing
If you click the above link entitled SEO Checklist 2017, you can see how engaging the comments and discussion have been. It was a mini AMA from an expert SEO. Gave lots of detailed answers to common SEO issues. Link building, keyword research and tracking. Good stuff.
The post was up-voted 97% of the time, so I had to dig deeper. I’m glad I did because it’s some of the best SEO advice I have read online. The checklist is broken into two sections, on and off page SEO.
- On-Page SEO Checklist – fixes made to your site’s page
- Off-Page SEO Checklist – building links and citations
SEO Checklist Items covered:
On page SEO checklist
- Meta Titles & Descriptions
- Remove Meta Noindex Tag
- Optimize Images
- Robots.txt File
- Language Declaration
- Reduce the Amount of Server Requests
- Set Up 301 Redirect via .htaccess
Off page SEO checklist
- Google Analytics
- Google Search Console & Bing Webmaster Tools
- Generate Sitemap
- SEO Site Audit
- Create Google Business Page
- Create Social Profiles
- Create and Publish Press Release
It’s a great step by step guide filled with lots of valuable and actionable content for your SEO 2017 campaigns. With rumors of Google Fred flying around you need to be following white hat SEO now more than ever.